Portable Toilet Pump Truck Attendant / Relief Driver
Portable Toilet Attendants are responsible for servicing customers’ portable restrooms on an assigned route. This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion and entering/exiting the truck approximately 50-150 times per day. Pump truck attendants are exposed to extreme weather conditions and unpleasant odors and sights. The hours and physical demand may vary by route or area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operates truck equipment in a safe manner in compliance with specified policies.
- Provides services to customers’ portable restroom unit on assigned route by pumping, washing, and restocking units.
- Provides minor repairs to units on route and at storage facility.
- Delivers and removes portable restroom units to/from customers.
- Maintains and updates customer service records.
- Conducts pre-trip/post trip inspections and report any faults.
- Maintains and updates drivers log sheets.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Repairs, cleans, and prepares portable restroom units for delivery, as needed.
- Maintains a clean truck.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing).
- General knowledge of mechanics.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Ability to pull a trailer preferred.
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have at least a light goods license.
- Must have a valid health certificate or be able to obtain prior to hire.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to human waste possible.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of the vehicle.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Please forward applications with curriculum vitae to:
The General Manager
Infra Equipment Rentals Ltd.,
Black Bess, St. Peter.
By email to:
Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Previous applicants need not apply