Position Tasks & Activities:
- Operate various equipment as authorised by the company
- Must be appropriately experienced and trained to operate said equipment
- Must adhere to the operations procedures and manufactures recommendation for each piece of equipment
- While operation company machines / equipment:
- Complete safety inspection/safety check daily on vehicles (fuel, lights, brakes, etc.)
- Comply by equipment operating recommendations and limitations
- Keep equipment vehicles clean (interior and exterior)
- Notify equipment maintenance supervisor of any scrapes, dents or accidents
- Notify equipment maintenance supervisor of any mechanical difficulties
- Notify dispatcher if behind schedule, so customers may be contacted
- Perform vehicle inspections daily, as well as checking gas, oil and other fluid levels. Report problems to supervisor. Top off and record fluid levels as necessary
- Complete the necessary paperwork for vehicle inspections and turn in to supervisor daily
- Complete daily operations log as required
- Report safety violations to supervisor
- Maintain and comply with SOP’s company procedures and policies
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal
- Comply with safety requirements and other regulations and security
- Attend department meetings
- Perform other duties as requested
Nature of the Work:
Will operate equipment in a safe and professional manner. Will assist and advise in the loading and unloading of equipment. Work with dispatcher/delivery coordinator. Must service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner. Must promote customer service.
May be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area whilst operating equipment. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to diesel fuel and cleaning solvents. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must have experience related to equipment being operated
- Must demonstrate capability to operate equipment
- Must be able to lift approximately 70
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be familiar with local roads and be able to read a road map
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of
Reports to: Equipment Maintenance Supervisor
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, colour, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
Please forward applications with curriculum vitae to:
The General Manager
Infra Equipment Rentals Ltd.,
Black Bess, St. Peter.
By email to:
Only those applicants shortlisted for an interview will be acknowledged.
Previous applicants need not apply